Rolling stock cleaner
High performance alkaline detergent cleaner formulated to remove traffic film, brake dust, dirt, grease and other similar soil from the bodywork of rail carriages. It is highly effective for both use in Automatic Brush Washes and for exterior cleaning.
• High dilution rates (1% for normal soiling) – very economical
• Dilute pH of less than 10 – effluent can be immediately discharged into sewer
• Moderate foaming – quick and easy rinsing
• Sequestrants control lime scale and iron stains
• Anti-static agent to leave sheen and reduce dirt build-up
• Non-hazardous according to EU regulation
• Uses biodegradable raw materials
• Does not contain NTA, EDTA or HEDTA
• Passed industry’s corrosion assessment – suitable for use on most metals
• Passed industry’s surface compatibility assessment safe on painted and plastic surfaces
Method of Use
For light soil use at 0.5% (1:200), normal soil, 1% (1:100), heavy soil 2% (1:50).
Automatic Brush Wash
Ensure that the dosing pump has been calibrated for dilution at the appropriate rate. Carry out cleaning as specified by the brush wash manufacturer.
Using a low pressure, apply the appropriate dilution. Start from the lower sections and work up towards the roof. If necessary, agitate the surface with a soft brush to loosen tenacious soiling matter. Rinse off using a high pressure working down from the roof.
Dilute to the appropriate level. Apply the diluted product with a soft brush, start from the lower sections and work up. Let the solution dwell for a few minutes then agitate the surface, work up systematically from the lower sections. Rinse off with clean water, working from above down towards the lower sections.